Re: TKPROF question

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:01:06 -0500

Raj, one stupid suggestion: go to V$SYSTEM_EVENT before and after running the
process and
see how much time do you have there. Waiting for a single block for almost an
hour should
be clearly visible. The numbers don't make much sense. Other then that, as far
as I can
remember, you have RAC. You may have encountered some bug that prevents you
from getting
a shared lock on a block for a long, long time. If you want to read a block
that someone
else is updating, you do need to obtain a shared lock on that block  and the
BSP needs to
reconstruct the block and send it to you. You may have a problem along those
lines.