Re: TIDE, Railhead, and Oracle

  • From: "David Barbour" <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:11:47 -0400

I've no idea why this could possibly be allowed to happen.  Coming back
through Immigration from a recent scuba diving trip, I marveled at the total
inefficiency of the passport control process.  Why (I thought) for US
passport holders couldn't we just walk up to a kiosk, swipe or scan our
passports and have some type of visual recognition software match our mug
with the photo on file?

I guess if they can't manage 500,000 names, they couldn't possibly do
anything this horribly complex.