Re: TEMP tablespace not Freeing the space

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:56:04 +0100

Just in case you would like to find who is really consuming space TEMP tbs:

SELECT   b.SID,
        b.username,
        b.machine,
        SUM (a.blocks * 8 / 1024) used_mb
   FROM v$sort_usage a, v$session b
  WHERE a.session_addr = b.saddr(+)
GROUP BY b.SID, b.username, b.machine
ORDER BY used_mb DESC;

Y.

On 6/22/06, Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, In our Development system, We have a TEMP tablespace. Just now we got the message that "Unable to extend TEMP segment..". We have bounced the database to free up this tablespace. But, even then it is not freeing any space. Can any one tell me how to go about this with out adding any datafile.

          Please reply soon.. any help would be greatly appereciated.

Regards,
Ravi.M

--
Yury