Re: System tablespace corrupted

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:15:48 -0400

Tanel,

Thanks for your input and clarification. It is a development database so no
archivelog an d norman either . Those blocks were having a table
RESOURCE_CONSUMER_GROUP$ table.

After dropping and recreating it from other database, logical problem has
gone. Besides database started up clean now without error message in
alert_sid.log.

I may now ignore dbv error.

Regards
Rafiq

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System tablespace corrupted
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:41:19 +0300

 > But dbv still gives the error pointing to one block as corrupt page 223
is
 > influx most likely Media corrupt and page 224 is marked corrupt.

Influx doesn't mean corrupt, you are dbv'ing an online file? In 9i, when
dbverify finds a block that is inconsistent, it reads it again - if the
block has changed, then dbv determines this block as in flux (being written
at same time dbv reads it). Dbverify probably retries a few times to try to
get the consistent image before marking the block as influx.

To which segment do those blocks belong to? Perhaps AUD$ or FGA_LOG$?

 > Should I restore it from cold backup to get rid off this error?

If you got RMAN backups you could do block level recovery for your corrupt
block if you don't have much downtime allowance. If you do, then just
restore the file from backup, then verify whether the restored file is ok
with dbv, if it is then shutdown, replace the file, recover and open up your
db again.

Tanel.