Sun T2000 performance numbers

  • From: "Greg Rahn" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:47:32 -0700

In the past few weeks I've been asked a number of times if the Sun
T2000 is a viable Oracle database host.  I've not had an opportunity
to use this host so I'm reaching out to the user community for
information.  I'm most interested in controlled real-world workload
test numbers and a direct comparison to another comparable host in
which the exact test was run.  If you have synthetic tests/results
based on a lab workload I may be interested but a real-world workload
is most desirable.

The specifics of the information collected will not be
published/shared anywhere (though I may post a generic summary).  If
you would rather reply to me directly vs. to the list feel free to.  I
have no agenda to prove/disprove the viability of the T2000 as an
Oracle host but rather want to get some real-world quantifiable data
points.  Please include the details of the hardware/software
configuration and a description of the workload and how the test was
run, as well as a summary of measured key metrics.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn
http://structureddata.org