Re: Subquery (IN) is more efficient than JOIN

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccmx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:48:40 -0600

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Matt McClernon <mccmx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  Your output was hard to read, but the CBO IN operation has a SORT UNIQUE
>> step that the simple RBO join doesn't have.
> hmm, it must have got mangled when I pasted it in, does this look any better:

Depending on mail clients used, the problem is probably due to HTML
formatting. Maybe wrapping output with <pre></pre> tags would work?

To experiment, I'll try a little sample below:
<pre> <----- there is a pre tag here
column_1     column_2     Column_3     <---- each 'header' has five spaces
value1          value2           value3          <---- the first
letter was lined up under the first letter of the header
</pre>   <----- the ending pre tag

So, depending on what this looks like after I click send 'may' help
explain formatting problems?

--
-- Bill Ferguson