Re: Streams Instantiation Using RMAN Convert Database - 10g

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:42:43 +0530

 Sorry, I have not understood proprely..and am sure about the products used
for,
let me confirm it so you are into a migration..cross platform...
if you are going to use 'data' migration and want to use tool like streams
etc..
streams is just like a replication tool used to capture the transactions.
golden gate is similar to it and bit advanced can be used to capture data
from sql, mysql and db2 databases as well.
as both the tools capture only data naturally they are platform independent
but they have datatype limitations you can not use bfiles etc and mandatory
architectural requirements source and target objects should have identical
structures..other wise it will not work.

now if you are going to use 'database' migration and that too on cross
platform then I would preferred clonning using cpio I would have copied my
files from one os to other..

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY