RE: Stored outline not being used all the times...

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:40:06 -0600

Hi Fairle,

The key word here is "should".  I agree, but if you look at my query,
you'll see that it's returning multiple rows with all "N"s for the same
address.  At least it is for me on 10.2.0.2.0.

My 1 year old kept me up until 2:00 AM last night, so I could be wrong.
I'll try and hammer away at it some more tomorrow.

Thanks!
Rich

________________________________

                From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
                To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: RE: Stored outline not being used all the
times...
                Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:22:25 -0600

                The real fun begins when rows in there have multiple
entries for the same address, but all the columns are "N".

                Oh, wait, that's the fun I'm having right now...

                Good timing on the thread!

                Rich

                p.s.  I used this quick'n'dirty query in 10.2.0.2.0,
which was easy to whip out via Toad:

                select *
                from
                (
                 SELECT address,
                    unbound_cursor|| sql_type_mismatch||
                    optimizer_mismatch|| outline_mismatch||
stats_row_mismatch||
                    literal_mismatch|| sec_depth_mismatch||
explain_plan_cursor||
                    buffered_dml_mismatch|| pdml_env_mismatch||
inst_drtld_mismatch||
                    slave_qc_mismatch|| typecheck_mismatch||
auth_check_mismatch||
                    bind_mismatch|| describe_mismatch||
language_mismatch||
                    translation_mismatch|| row_level_sec_mismatch||
insuff_privs||
                    insuff_privs_rem|| remote_trans_mismatch||
logminer_session_mismatch||
                    incomp_ltrl_mismatch|| overlap_time_mismatch||
sql_redirect_mismatch||
                    mv_query_gen_mismatch|| user_bind_peek_mismatch||
typchk_dep_mismatch||
                    no_trigger_mismatch|| flashback_cursor||
anydata_transformation||
                    incomplete_cursor|| top_level_rpi_cursor||
different_long_length||
                    logical_standby_apply|| diff_call_durn||
bind_uacs_diff||
                    plsql_cmp_switchs_diff|| cursor_parts_mismatch||
stb_object_mismatch||
                    row_ship_mismatch|| pq_slave_mismatch||
top_level_ddl_mismatch||
                    multi_px_mismatch|| bind_peeked_pq_mismatch||
mv_rewrite_mismatch||
                    roll_invalid_mismatch|| optimizer_mode_mismatch||
px_mismatch||
                    mv_staleobj_mismatch|| flashback_table_mismatch||
litrep_comp_mismatch "FLAGS",
                   count(*)
                 FROM v$sql_shared_cursor
                 group by
[...]
                 having count(*) > 1
                 order by count(*) desc
                )
                where flags =
'NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN';