RE: Steps to Upgrade Rman Catalog Database.

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dhandapani.shanmugam@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:20:47 -0400

It might be a better idea to simply create a new Oracle user in the
database where the existing rman catalog exists and create a new catalog.  We do this here.

We have one "repository" database (called repo) that holds all of our
general-usage catalog schemas.  In it, we have a 9.2, and Rman catalogs.  Each individual database then simply connects
to the correct catalog.

Each Rman catalog is relatively small.

Hope this helps.