RE: Statspack (shared pool) memory leak

  • From: "Daniel Wittry" <daniel.wittry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:42:36 -0800

Oracle claims to have fixed the leak in 9.2.0.4 and 10g (Bug #3519807).
(Mark - you're running 9205 and you confirmed the leak)  I reOpened my
iTAR and will press them harder this time for a fix. Is anyone on OraDev
reading this?

Interesting enough, we traced ADDM and it does not use the x$ksolsfts
structure, yet creates a horizontal structure for segment statistics
that is deallocated when ADDM exits. Maybe OraDev knows it leaks?

The long and short of it seems to be:  when select * from
v$segment_statistics is typed, 1400 bytes of shared pool goes poof!
That smells bad.  Granted, there are cases where we can run the query in
a test loop and not leak memory, but it is unpredictable, even on the
same instance (and usually does leak).

__that's our findings