RE: Statspack setup for 2nd RAC instance ?...basic Qs

Thanks Barb, folks for responding & the valuable info. Seems I have NOT
communicated the issue sufficiently in my previous postings.

The 2nd instance does NOT Exist in my Statspack Schema setup as of now.

NOTE - NEW Statspack intsllation is being attempted after Migration to
10gR2 RAC from 9i.

How is the 2nd instance to be Added to the Statspack Schema?

Absence of the 2nd instance can be seen from the following Error
ORA-20200 On Running spreport.sql DIRECTLY from the 2nd instance:-

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/spreport

Current Instance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   DB Id    DB Name      Inst Num Instance

----------- ------------ -------- ------------

  408243075 PNBRAC              2 PNBRAC2

Instances in this Statspack schema

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   DB Id    Inst Num DB Name      Instance     Host

----------- -------- ------------ ------------ ------------

  408243075        1 PNBRAC       PNBRAC1      spesuns4p-2

Using  408243075 for database Id

Using          2 for instance number

declare

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-20200: Database/Instance 408243075/2 does not exist in

STATS$DATABASE_INSTANCE

ORA-06512: at line 23

Installation STEPs done till now are:-

Unix Login to the 1st Node

$ export ORACLE_SID=<1st Instance SID>

$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/spdrop.sql

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/spcreate.sql

Am unable to find this in the Manuals / google / Metalink search

Cheers

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.