Re: Standbys and Temp Space

No, you do not need the TEMPFILEs.
They are required *after* you OPEN the database -- when you run the ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE ... command.

We, too, have a database that is cloned in a scripted manner -- to a UAT environment. We exclude the TEMPFILEs from the
clone and add them when we open the database.

At 06:01 AM Tuesday, Kevin Lange wrote:
Environment:
    Oracle 9.2.0.7 Database with a TEMP tablespace defined with TEMPFILES.

Process:
Production Database gets cloned to a Standby using a Standby Control File and copying all datafiles. In doing the copy, ALL Datafiles get copied. Even the TEMP files.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com