Standby - two physical, one working , second is not

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ok I have two physical standbys databases.
Linux RH3, 10.1.0.2

I have one standby working just fine.

The second is not.  I try to bring it up and it asks
for archive from about two weeks ago.

I have a good fresh hot backup that is current.  I
made sure by wiping everything out including the
standby database files and redo files and re ftping
everything.

Question 1 is do I need a separate standby controlfile
for this instance separate from the first standby?

Question 2.  I know I need 1 addition standby redo log
for the standby, should I have another one for the
additional standby database.

I really coulnd't find anything in the docs.

Thanks,

Kathy

http://mail.yahoo.com