RE: Standby on Same box

  • From: "Ric Van Dyke" <ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 05:17:41 -0600

What is the purpose of the standby that is on the same box?  It's not
very useful for disaster recovery, which is the original intent for
Standbys.

What do you mean by this statement?

My feeling is that will speedup a rebuild should we ever have to switch
over and switch back.

Ric
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
Hotsos Symposium 2009 dedicated to performance and nothing but
performance
March 8 - 12, 2009 in Dallas, Texas
Be there.