Re: Standby databases and adding datafiles

  • From: Ankur Shah <desert_moon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: daniel.hubler@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:49:43 -0400

The datafile could have been backed up when the database was up without putting
in hot backup mode. It is also possible that you have issued a shutdown abort
before performing a cold backup.

  --> Do shutdown normal or immediate of the primary database and perform a cold
backup of the datafile. Restore the file to the standby site.

  Cause: The fuzzy bit in the datafile header has been set.

HTHU

Ankur Shah
Oracle DBA
DHR-GA