From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Goulet, Richard
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:27 AM
To: ORACLE-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Standby databases

Has anyone done the following:
                You have a primary database that is heavy into OLTP and has a
physical standby in another geographical location.
                You create a logical standby locally for reporting/portal
purposes because the developers and business users want up to the minute data
and need their own schemas with their own views.
                Since the two databases are different, there is a desire to
create a physical standby of the logical in the other geographical location

I'm fine with the archivelog destinations that will be needed.  The question
has anyone built a physical standby of a logical standby?

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized
use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal
for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié.
Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière
d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.