From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of DIANNA GIBBS
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:37 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
cerner_dbarchitecture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ioug-cerner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Standby database errors running Crystal reports

We have Crystal running against a standby database.  We've started seeing
these errors while developing new reports.  We
believe it's when the developer aborts the process w/control c.  I did open
an SR w/oracle and their best bet
was an ODBC connection error.

Has anyone else seen these errors?  The database shuts down each night for
recovery and opens in read-only
each morning without any issues.    I do have a trigger that writes a trace
file anytime a connection is made from certain
servers using IP addresses.  I thought this might be part of the problem.

Should I be concerned with any type of corruption or any comments/thoughts
would be appreciated?

My errors are:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY
transaction
ORA-06512: at line 27
ORA-12570: TNS:packet reader failure

Thanks.