RE: Sqlplus "spool" and "dd" worked in 8, but not in 9?

The developer managed to compare one script that did work and found he
had about 4-5 "set" options different than the one that worked.

Unfortunately, he pulled ALL the different options, so it's hard to say
which one, but the script works like a champ.

He also tried a "direct spool" no "dd" and this is working and was
beyond the 2.6GB limit at 11:30 and should still be going.

Maybe, if we get the time, we'll put those 4-5 options back in and see
which one caused it to die.

Thanks to one and all.

That's what this group is all about.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
Outside 804.261.9446
Cell 804.744.1545
3-9446

11.11 using vxfs.  I just tried
> this and the spool created fine up to 2154009964 bytes (>2GB) before I
killed it.

> Make sure the mountpoint(s) being used was/were created with
"largefiles", although I thought even
> without it the fs should handle up to 4GB-1 filesizes.  Also make sure
your SQL*Plus settings are the
> same as they were in 8i.  One guess would be that a setting changed or
was missed in the conversion
> (perhaps a login.sql file?).
>
> HTH!  GL!
>
> Rich
>
> Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
> rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA

The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer. [ST:A234]