From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Goulet, Richard
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 12:26 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sql Oddity

Folks,

        Anyone ever seen this:  A developer executes the following code in an
Oracle 9i database (9.2.0.6)

create table test_date_drop_me (test_column timestamp default sysdate);

insert into test_date_drop_me values (sysdate);

select CASE WHEN systimestamp> t.test_column THEN 1 ELSE 0 END from
test_date_drop_me t;

He gets a 0 each time the final select statement is excecuted no matter what
the value in the table.  In a 10.2.0.4 and 11.1.0.7 database we get a 1.  Any
ideas???

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International
900 Chelmsford St, Suite 310
Lowell, MA 01821
978.614.2857
Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.