Re: Sql Loder

  • From: San Sridharan <san_oracle_dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: san_oracle_dba@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Here is how it's done,

Data file
------------

Row1col1 Row1col2 Row1col3 Row2col1 Row2col2 Row2col3 Row3Col1 Row3Col2 Row3col3

Control file
---------------

load data
infile 'data.dat' "fix 27"
into table san_test
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(n1 POSITION(1:8)   CHAR TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE ,
 n2 POSITION(10:17) CHAR TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE ,
 n3 POSITION(19:26) CHAR TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE)

San Sridharan <san_oracle_dba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a flatfile in the following format,

Row1col1,Row1col2,Row1col3,Row2col1,Row2col2,Row2col3,Row3Col1,
Row3Col2,Row3col3

(There is no line breaks between the different rows of data in the flatfile.)

I need to load the above data into a table with the following structure,

Create table Temp_load
(
col1 varchar2(10),
col2 varchar2(10),
col3 varchar2(10)
);

Can someone tell me how to load this data using SQLLOADER.

Thanks,
San

David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had the same problem, askTom to the rescuse need to create a function which
returns an interval

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:388480262167#49098749303720

On 10/26/05, t_adolph@xxxxxxxxxxx <t_adolph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi all,

I'm trying to setup snapshots to run every 15 minutes during working hours,
else hourly.  I'm ignoring weekends for now,...