Re: Sql Developer - Migration from Sql Server to Oracle Database

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:17:17 -0500

It might be helpful to know what version of SQL Server you are trying to
connect to. In SQL Server 2005, out of the box, TCP/IP is on a random port.
At least mine do.  Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265808 for how
to deal with named instances. You also might want to check out the SQL
Developer forums on OTN. This thread (
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=489442&start=0&tstart=0)
may have some tips on dealing with named instances.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd