RE: Sql Developer - Migration from Sql Server to Oracle Database

  • From: "Sam Bootsma" <sbootsma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:56:19 -0400

Hi Nigel,

I tried 4656 and it gives me the message "Cannot connect to Microsoft
Sql Server on <server name>.  I get the same message when I try any
other port (for example, 1521 or 7365 or another random port).  Then
when I try with 1433 again, it says "Login failed for user 'sa'".

So using 4656 it appears Sql Developer is not able to get to the point
where it can submit credentials.  But using 1433, it at least can
connect to the server long enough to submit credentials, before being
told the credentials are wrong.

But, I can log in with SQL Server Express 2005 using the same
credentials.

Sam Bootsma

Oracle Database Administrator

Information Technology Services