Re: Sql Developer

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:05:20 -0400

it obeys all security you have in the db. some objects in SYS/SYSTEM are
granted to public, hence are visible from other schemas. No security risk
simply by using the product.

rjamya

On 6/12/07, Dennis Cutshall <DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi,

We are looking at using Oracle's SQL Developer as a development tool.
Does anyone have any experience with this product?  If so, please pass on
your findings.  We are particularly concerned about security.  We noticed
that any user e.g. Scott, can look at many of the objects in SYS and
SYSTEM.  Is this a concern, or are those normally public?