Re: Sql Developer

If we use set long 1000000 - then the problem which Norman mentioned goes
away.
I have used dbms_metadata to get the ddl for very large tables and I did'nt
get into any issues , we need to supply required formats though.

Regards
Ajeet
-  Database Consultant
-  Infosys Technologies Limited
-  Banglore,India.
-09886940165,08041058336

On 6/14/07, Norman Dunbar <norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Morning Paul,

>> I've written a package that calls DBMS_METADATA (10g) to produce the
DDL to recreate an entire schema, and it
>> works great.

Isn't there a bug in DBMS_METADATA that causes 'scripts' of longer than
4,000 (or 2,000 maybe) characters to fail to convert from CLOB to
RAW/CHAR/VARCHAR2. It used to happen only for materialized views but
I've seen it happen with heap tables too - provided they were plenty big
enough that is !

Just a thought or vague remembrance.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar.
Contract Oracle DBA.
Rivers House, Leeds.

Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should
still check any attachment before opening it.

We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to
under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for
litigation.  Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment
Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or
recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our
terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506.  Find
out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk