Re: Sorbanes Oxley for dummies? -- more questions

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:39:28 +0800

At 03:30 AM Saturday, Jared Still wrote:

>A good free one can be found at http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

I'll evaluate PasswordSafe and any other such utilities and even suggest
that to my IT Security and see if they want to recommend it to the rest of
the IT groups.

>Auditors require personal accountability, which requires personal accounts.

That would then include Auditing every action by these accounts.

>  Ours identified critical systems, and those are the systems that are
> audited.

Yes, I would expect that too.  However, somewhere along the line we have
got the impression that implementation of controls has to be the same across
all systems.

>We apply most of our security controls
>unilaterally, but do not test them, or remediate them.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital