Sometimes I despair

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:57:18 +0000

Of recruiters, and indeed their candidates.

So I got a CV (resume) today. The agent's email was entitled "The Best
Developer in England" and urged me to get in contact quickly to avoid a
'bidding war'. So far so hyped, but then of course I just had to read the CV
of the best developer in England. There were many good bits, but I
spluttered my coffee at

"<name> undertook a short term contract, acting as holiday cover for <name
of consultancy withheld>'s senior UML designers and C# developers. This
major United Kingdom Government project <is an information website>. In his
role as holiday cover James was responsible for a number of core designs"

So there you have it, major government projects are designed by the holiday
cover guy.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA