Re: Someone from Oracle says not oficially windows has problem with datafiles bigger than 1 GB???

Windows has problems managing just about anything, particularly security.  :-(

I am not aware that its problems managing datafiles larger than 1GB are any
bigger than any of its other problems.
I have datafile larger than 1G in my windows instances, but then they are not
production and don't encounter heavy usage.

However, unless your databases are in the terabyte category - which I
definitely wouldn't entrust to windows, I would keep datafiles under 2G
regardless of OS.

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling