Re: Some people can't execute a procedure

  • From: "Stephen Andert" <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:57:56 -0700

No, it is a bit confusing, but I'll try:

Bob in Chicago logs in to the database as USER_A and tries to execute
USER_B.procedure and fails.
Fred in Chicago logs in to the database as USER_A and tries to execute
USER_B.procedure and it works.
Mary in Phoenix logs in to the database as USER_A and tries to execute
USER_B.procedure and it works.

I have started to suspect that there is something funky with Bob's computer.
I have asked him to log in to Fred's computer as himself and try there.

Note, I have had Bob do a tnsping and compared it to Mary's and they are
both connecting to the same database.