RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8 and l ocal tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Chris_Welton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Chris_Welton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:37:47 -0400

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network
Ext. 1216

Of course, that is nothing that NFS or Samba couldn't do.
If you intensely dislike software monopolies  and their
"right to innovate", you will not use Micros*t technology,
even if it was the only thing on the world. In this case,
there are many available technologies, better or equal to
those of the BSOD peddlers. NFS, Samba, rsync, source control
technologies that have distributed checkout and OpenLDAP
can all do the job. Here is a great paper by Jeremiah Wilton
which shows you how to do that with OpenLDAP:
http://home.nc.rr.com/jtlayton/oid2openldap.html

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against MS.
At least, I don't have anything efficient.