Re: Solid State Disks for Databases

ramfs is different than SSD.  SSD looks like a hard drive that just
happens to be really, really fast and as you suggest often have battery
and HD backups.  ramfs is a whole file system that the OS maintains
entirely in RAM.  It was only suggested in jest by (I think) Mladden but
the response is correct, ramfs goes bye-bye in the blink of an eye.

S-

--
Stephen Rospo        Principal Software Architect
Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel)

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this
message and any attachments. Thank you.