RE: Solid State Disks for Databases

  • From: "Kennedy, Jim" <jim_kennedy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:27:24 -0700

Or http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid/

At Open World I attended a fasinating presentation on running 10G on an
Apple Cluster. (I call it an Orchard, since it is a server farm....  I
can hear the groans from here.)  Very reliable, very fast, and
inexpensive.(and unix underneath)  It seems that Apple has engineered
this thing to do high volume IO for video editing.  Hmm, that actually
might be effective for datawarehousing.  Might be something to look
into. (no I don't sell Apple equipment.)
Jim