Solaris "infinite" shmmax value?

Hi all,

I've recently inherited several large Solaris servers that need to be
reconfigured for Oracle databases, starting with the the kernel settings.

In HP-UX, it's possible to set the value of shmmax to as high as 0x80000000,
the amount of physical memory on the server.

I believe back in the 32-bit days the equivalent could be achieved in Solaris
with

     set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0xFFFFFFFF

In Solaris, is a shmmax setting of

     set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x40000000
or
     set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x80000000

legitimate and is it "infinite", i.e. the amount of physical memory
available on the server?

Thanks,
Lou Avrami