Re: Solaris 9 and 10 within same RAC Cluster

  • From: Paul Barrett <tinojam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:37:39 -0400

I asked because I saw someone posted on a metalink forum that it is
possible. Thread: "Oracle 10g RAC to 11g RAC Upgrade on Solaris". My gut
feeling is that it is not possible but I would have to test it out... so
short of actually doing it, I wanted to know if anyone on the list ever did
it before.

On Apr 4, 2011 2:25 PM, "Subodh Deshpande" <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

are you saying you want to upgrade OS from solaris 9 to solaris 10.
All nodes in RAC should have same OS, you can not have one node running on 9
and another on 10.

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY