So how stable is 10g on Linux these days?

I have an 8.1.7.4-based website I need to get upgraded to something
more modern, and I'm trying to decide if I should play it safe and go
to 9i, or go all the way to 10g.

I tried searching the archives and found some messages that implied it
is not quite ready for prime time yet, but they are from a few months
back and things may have improved since then.  Has anyone tried this
and lived to tell about it?

The site does not do anything fancy;  no RAC or other complicating
bits.  Just a basic use of Oracle for data storage with about 10 Gb of
data, much of it in LOBs, and some PL/SQL routines.  I'll be installing
whichever version I choose onto RedHat Enterprise, version 3.

Even though our use of Oracle is pretty simple, this is an important
client and stability is more important to me than skipping an upgrade.
If 10g is iffy, I'd rather wait.

Thanks for any advice, rumors, war stories, etc.

janine