Re: Snapshot too old

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: danielwfink@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:46:45 -0400

On 10/15/2006 09:37:35 PM, Daniel W. Fink wrote:
> Dean,
>
> I would start with reducing the runtime of the query. 33,219 seconds is
> almost 10 hours! Reduce the run time and you reduce the need for long
> undo retention. Also look at running this query against data that is not
> volatile (datamart or datawarehouse for example).

OK, let me ignite a flame war between the Inmon fans and the Kimball fans:
what is the difference between data mart and a data warehouse? How to
decide between the two? How to define granularity for data mart and how to
define granularity for data warehouse?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com