Re: Snapshot of one schema into another schema

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:52:24 +0200

exp/imp is not an option as it would be too slow, and generate as much
redo as my entire database. It must be a no-logging operation.

I dont have all month to rebuild the indexes, it will be used during
that month period. Also rebuilding those indexes will consume
resources on the machine.

To "pump" data without using a disk file you need a dblink. To pump
data from 1 schema to another, you need a loopback dblink which is a
dblink to the same database. I found no other way.

TTS if all requirements are met.

Regards, Dimitre -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l