Re: Snapshot DB's in Exadata?

  • From: Aaron Leonard <aachleon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:39:07 -0600

Thanks Frits.  I've considered flashback.  My concerns with it are
performance-related.  I can't imagine that querying through months of
flashback logs will satisfy performance needs.  Thoughts?

It ~may~ be realistic to convert the few snapshots which live for months
from snapshots to clones.  If I could do that, I'd only need to query
through a week's worth of flashback logs.  The extra space needs could make
justifying Exadata more difficult.  This is the probably my best option at
the moment though...