Re: Slow sqlplus connection

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, grahamaross@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:53:32 +0100

I'd also look at sqlnet and DCD. Your connect time is exactly twice
your tcp timeout.

On 7/6/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/3/07, Graham Ross <grahamaross@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> I can't help thinking that there is some process trying to start and
> failing, and I can't for the life of me think of what it could be.   I
> expect it's something blindingly obvious, but I'd be delighted to hear any
> suggestions.

Check for login.sql in the SQLPATH, and take a look at
$ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql

Also login as DBA and run the following while logging in from another
window.
You may see some waits if the problem is local to the database.

select
   s.username username,
   e.event event,
   s.sid,