From: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/29/04 14:49:51
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Slow performance/response

All -

I have not done tuning a great deal so bear with me. I currently have a
table that consists of 10 million rows - warehouse. The largest table I
have. A few months ago a query took around 30 minutes to run against
this table. This was acceptable. Now the query takes almost 5 hours!!!

The db is 9.2.0.4 running on aix 5.2. I have stats that I ran on the
db during the query run and it shows the db working but not maxed out.
The tablespace is at 75% used, not seeing waits. There is alot of disk
reads. No disk sorts. I am seeing a high 'Physical Blks per Read %'
but I am attrbiuting that to the datafiles being on one disk. I do plan
on rearranging them after the query finishes and hope this helps.

I am looking for other ideas of what could be wrong with the table or
places to look. I will continue to search for ideas at metalink and in
the books.

Lee