From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Magnus Andersen
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:08 AM
To: Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: Slow connection to 9.2.0.6 database.

 Hi All,

I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RedHat Linux 3 AS. I'm seeing slow connection
times to the database from remote clients such as our web-server. I can tnsping
the listener in around 10-20 msecs, but when I try to login in it takes a
minimum of 2 seconds. Sometimes over 20. I'm archiving my listener log every
night to make sure that it doesn't become huge. I have seen this same behavior
with the listener log large.

Any Help Appreciated.

Thanks,

Magnus Andersen