RE: Slow Database Shutdown Time

Shutdown the listener and forms services ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marquez, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 7:19 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Slow Database Shutdown Time

I convinced that my slow "shutdown" time is directly related to the
number of connected or live connections (ACTIVE *or* INACTIVE) to the
database at the time of shutdown.
I can see the correlation to when it "high water mark" is HIGH it takes
a long time to shutdown, but when the "high water mark" is LOW, shutdown
is quick.  In any Oracle database disconnecting hundreds a valid
connections takes time...I know this is rather normal.

Anyone know of any other Oracle (network) method or parameter to
disconnect sessions faster?

Thanks,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA