Slow Checkpointing....

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:48:04 -0400

I have a EE database running on Solaris 10 using ZFS storage volumes.
We have two ZFS pools - 1. control files and redo logs, 2. Data files.

We have been seeing issues where the redo logs stay in "active" status for a
long period (several hours - even when the system is idle). We are able to
manually checkpoint without any errors, it completes <5 mins.
Oracle support is suggesting to increase dbwr processes.
We have 8 CPU (single core) sockets with db_writer_processes =2.
Have anyone seen similar issues?  What do you think?

Thanks much