Re: Slightly-OT: Throw HW at a SW/DB problem

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:02:52 +0100

All the Exa-stuff is built on commodity hardware. With the exception
of the software running on the Exadata cells (which themselves are
commodity hardware), it's nothing you couldn't build yourself.

We are living through times where companies are ditching their custom
hardware solutions in favor of commodity hardware. To reverse that
trend is either extremely stupid, or extremely insightful depending on
how many units you sell. History is written by the winners. :)

Cheers

Tim...