Skipped node in RAC install

Folks,

I've got an odd situation in a RAC install where a node is getting skipped but
I'm not getting any direct details of it happening and why.  Here's the setup:

4 nodes
Installing 10.2.0.1 CRS
EMC disks,asmlib
RHEL 4.6

I run through the 10.2.0.1 CRS installation and get all the way to running
$CRS_HOME/root.sh on each of the 4 nodes.  No errors, no issues at this point.
3 of the nodes this works fine.  The 4th doesn't have ANYTHING under $CRS_HOME.

        * permissions are the same on all $CRS_HOME directories
        * I've run various cluvfy commands and they all come back without errors
        * checking /...oraInventory/logs installation log for that server I
only find one message about a problem and then it stops: INFO: 'AttachHome'
failed.  This is the same message I see both on the node I installed from and
on the node that's not getting any code copied over.

Any clues what to check for finding the problem?  I'm at a loss.

Dave Herring  | DBA, Global Technology Services
A c x i o m  C o r p o r a t i o n
630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 cell | 630-944-4989 fax
1501 Opus Pl | Downers Grove, IL, 60515 | U.S.A. | www.acxiom.com
Service Desk: 888-243-4566, https://servicedesk.acxiom.com, GSCA@xxxxxxx

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.