Re: Skip_unusable_indexes in 10g

I agree with the enhancement request approach if you want to change this. I
don't myself see the justification for FALSE being a better default than
true. I've never really seen the old behaviour as being very logical. Oracle
knows that it can't use an index - but tries to use it anyway and errors.
I can see that not using an index where you might expect Oracle to use one
is something that people complain about in general, and I suppose there is
an argument that my statement failing entirely is better than it
taking longer than expected, but I don't really see either of those as
justification for trying to do something that can't be done.

On 7/17/06, gparc@xxxxxxx <gparc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi listers,

FYI, skip_unusable_indexes is now a pfile/spfile parameter in 10g
(not only alter session based as in 8i/9i) and defaults to ... TRUE.

I would prefer FALSE as a better default value.

HTH

Regards

Gilles

Niall Litchfield