Re: Single record insert intermittently slow

  • From: Rich <richa03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:17:25 -0700

Update on this - Oracle Support and Dev is SO SLOW and this was a
"Priority Handled Service Request"...

11.2.0.2 on RHEL 5.6 x86-64 with ASM

Oracle states "The root cause of the problem is LOB index fragmentation".
They term this as unfixable bug 13341274: SLOW LOB PERFORMANCE DURING INSERTS.
There is no fix other than recreating the segment(s) - CTAS or
expdp/impdp (unacceptable).
This bug is "hittable" with any mix of DML (including 0) - just doing
inserts (no update nor delete) might hit this bug.
They suggest moving to Securefiles.

I've asked for a previous bug reference or a note regarding this
issue, however, I'm still awaiting a response.

Anyone have any experience(s) with Securefiles?
High concurrency (~100/sec) small (~2KB) LOB insert with Securefiles?
How about lower concurrency (~10/sec) larger (~32KB) LOB insert with
Securefiles?

TIA,
Rich