Re: Single instance with Oracle Clusterware

On 1/3/07, Juan Miranda <j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi

We need to configure a active-pasive cluster (cold failover).

First we choose to use HP Service Guard but I just think that Oracle
Clusterware can do the work too.

More info

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/pdf/ocsingleinstance.pdf

I'd count using OCFS in this way as one of those decisions characterised by
Sir Humphrey in the British political sitcom "Yes, Minister" as "A brave
decision, Minister".

I must paid to use clusterware if we don´t have Oracle RAC licenses ?

Oracle Clusterware is Licensed with the database AFAIK. So no you wouldn't
need to pay extra - check of course with your  account manager.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA