Re: Single instance with Oracle Clusterware

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:11:16 +0000

On 1/3/07, Juan Miranda <j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We need to configure a active-pasive cluster (cold failover).

First we choose to use HP Service Guard but I just think that Oracle
Clusterware can do the work too.

More info

I'd count using OCFS in this way as one of those decisions characterised by
Sir Humphrey in the British political sitcom "Yes, Minister" as "A brave
decision, Minister".

I must paid to use clusterware if we don´t have Oracle RAC licenses ?

Oracle Clusterware is Licensed with the database AFAIK. So no you wouldn't
need to pay extra - check of course with your  account manager.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA