Re: Single block reads instead of multiblock reads

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kennethnaim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:43:37 +0800

Do you see any multiblock reads at all?

This is likely due row chaining, due too large row size or due having over
255 columns in the table.

You should measure whether the "table fetch continued rows" statistic
increases while you scan the table:

http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2009/11/04/detect-chained-and-migrated-rows-in-oracle/

--
Tanel Poder