From:   "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard@Lazard NYC
Cc:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   12/06/2010 01:50 PM
Subject:        Re: Simple auditing question
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone for you great replies. As Mayen suggested, I checked
further, and the requirement is to audit DDL statements, but not DML
statements.
Specifically we need to know how to audit DDL. I.E. ALTER TABLE, CREATE
TABLE, DROP TABLE, CREATE INDEX, DROP INDEX, ALTER INDEX. Basically we
need to audit all ALTERs, CREATEs, and DROPs on all objects in the
database.
Any thoughts on that score?

Dennis Williams
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:06 PM, <Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dennis,

Rather than what you do not want to know (or what not to audit) you should
come up with the requirements of what you want to know or what you want to
audit.

Best
- Mayen

From:        "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        12/03/2010 02:45 PM
Subject:        Simple auditing question
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

List,

I haven't used Oracle Auditing much, so this is probably a newbie
question. Need to turn on auditing for a high-volume OLTP database. My
understanding is that if I turn on AUDIT TABLE, it gets everything. I
don't need to know all the inserts, updates on these tables. Is there a
simpler audit setting? I probably am missing a concept.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams