Re: Simple auditing question

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:06:58 -0500

Dennis,

Rather than what you do not want to know (or what not to audit) you should
come up with the requirements of what you want to know or what you want to
audit.

Best
- Mayen

From:   "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   12/03/2010 02:45 PM
Subject:        Simple auditing question
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

List,

I haven't used Oracle Auditing much, so this is probably a newbie
question. Need to turn on auditing for a high-volume OLTP database. My
understanding is that if I turn on AUDIT TABLE, it gets everything. I
don't need to know all the inserts, updates on these tables. Is there a
simpler audit setting? I probably am missing a concept.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams